Certifiably Green Denver
We are proud to announce that we became the first veterinary clinic to be a Denver Certifiably Green business in 2016.
We believe that it is important to preserve the environment that our furry friends and our clients live in.
Some of the ways that we do this are:
- All records are digital. No paper!
- Digital radiographs. No chemical waste!
- Reusing grocery bags for pet waste.
- Using blankets and towels that have been previously used in staff homes or purchased secondhand.
- Providing reusable coffee and water cups for clients.
- Recycling everything possible according to Alpine altogether recycling protocol.
- Using efficient LED light bulbs.
- On-going education for new and existing staff on environmentally conscious practices in our office.
- Continually setting goals to be more eco-friendly.
- Creating habits that will be applied out of our office.
- Turning off lights when areas are no longer in use.
- Repurposing IV bags as rain boots to keep bandages dry.
- Using our building space efficiently.
“Dr. Allison Brown is very thorough with her explanations and the whole team is gentle with our cat! I have even recommended Rising Sun to a friend, and she took her cat here too. She only switched vets because she moved. Flora will be with Rising Sun for her upcoming dental procedure and we truly trust the team to care for her.”